• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

worn out clutch

jasonjc

I pulled my new AirForce deuce M35A2C in to day to start putting in a transmission. It came with out one :( Pulled the pressure plate off was going to buff the rust off the flywheel only to find the clutch disk is shot the flywheel has groves worn in it and has alot of heat cracks and the pressure plate has deep grove in it too. This poor truck only had 13,000 miles on it :( Those flyboys must not know how to use a clutch :evil:
Or is this normal wear???

Attachments

bgekky3

That clutch looks worse than my 29k Army miles. The only reasong I know that is the Army boys dumped the clutch a few times and ruined the trans. I had to change it out after a 12 MPH recovery. Good thing it was only 20 miles. I got a new pressure plate and clutch and had the flywheel resurfaced. With the new trans it is good as new. If the pic with the cracks is the flywheel it might not be able to be machined, but see what the shop can do. FMJ just won an Airforce truck with the trans in the bed, so it might be an Airforce prob. Don't know whats worse, smoked clutch or stripped gears?

Kwai

Many kids nowadays don't know how to use a manual transmission. My sister-in-law burned up the clutch in my wrangler in 3 days. The flywheel was was rainbow of colors. My latest deuce came off a air force base and the clutch doesn't have long to live.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks