• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Would a 6534 allison and 3208 Cat be an upgrade?

Elohim1

Someone in my area has these in a 1986 ford telephone comp. truck. It has 99K miles on it. The truck has a Hyd. winch on it also. The boom has been removed from the vehicle. The truck is very clean. I believe I can get it for about $3500.

I was wandering if the motor and tranny could be made to fit without to much work. I know someone else who has a M35 without the the motor and tranny.

If the tranny and motor combo would not be an upgrade, I would be better
off just purchasing a complete Deuce.

Let me here your thoughts?

Trango

I really like my 3208, but I turbo'd it and I wouldn't bother to stick a NA engine in there (maybe it's better at sea level, but at 5000 feet, NA 3208's are dogs).

Also, check the OD on that Allison. Anything lower (numerically higher) than a .80 top gear, and it won't work with the deuce's 6.72:1 double reduction axle gearing.

Finally, length of the overall package is an issue if you're trying to find a powerplant you can easily wedge inbetween the stock radiator and transfer case locations.

I'm pretty fired up - I just found a 9 speed, .73 OD tranny out here I think I'm going to try to stick into the deuce.

Cheers
Bob

spicergear

I got a N/A 1160 225hp in mine. 90 more HP than stock is nice. Oh, 1160 is basically became the 3208. Same long block, different timing housing and inj pump. 225hp is most of 1160 and 3208 N/A engines. 3208 go to turbo over 210hp. Mine is low mile reman. These motors don't have cylinder liners like larger commercial engine and people don't like that much...so that makes it like every other non liner engine that lasted fine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks