• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

would this work? M105 behind M101

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I won a M101 and a M105 on Thursday 3-19-09. I have limited space on my trailer so I was thinking I could load the M101 first and load the 105 with its lunette eye sild into the 101s bed ofcourse with the landing leg lifted or perhaps with both landing legs in the stowed position nose down with one trailer pushed under the other.

Can you picture this?

I know a 101 will fit inside a 105 but I'm not sure GL will lift the 101 for me and put it in the 105.

Militoy

I don't know what else you might have loaded on the trailer - but if it's just the two trailers, I would load the big one first, lash it down with its butt in the air, then scoot the M101 in under it. If you have a bunch of other stuff on the trailer, you could load the M105, and secure it pointing forward with its nose up, and then use a come-along or Hi-Lift jack to load the M101 into the bed of the M105.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Whether i desribed it correctly or not that is what I was talking about. a picture is worth a 1000 words

Militoy

Here is a picture of my 101 loaded tongue forward and the 105 behind it also tongue forward on my 18 foot trailer.
The pictures look like you "got it done". My only concern would be with the distribution of the load, and setting the tongue weight for good stability at speed. I usually like to have around 60% of the load weight ahead of the axles - and with an M105 loaded behind an M101, my own 2-axle trailer might just have negative tongue weight. I hate it when the "tail wags the dog"!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks