• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wrecker bed modification

Csm Davis

Think I have found a good place for my towboard. Also will add extra rear tail lights when I get a quick connector hooked up to my wiring harness. Made the straps easy to remove so they and the cable can be stored in a bag in the toolbox.

Last edited:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Think I have found a good place for my towboard. Also will add extra rear tail lights when I get a quick connector hooked up to my wiring harness. Made the steps easy to remove so they and the cable can be stored in a bag in the toolbox.
I definitely want pictures when you can Jeff!
Heck, I might actually learn something...

:cool:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Got to fix my Mag-drill before I can boar and tap the holes to mount it. If any of you wrecker guy like what I am doing I will send you a pair of the brackets I am using.
I have a light set very similar to yours. I attach the plug into the rear of the truck and I zip tie the cable to the thing I am dragging and use the cloth straps to affix it to the back of the towed vehicle. Problem has always been a place to properly stash the light bar. Running it like you have done also verifies the lights work when I leave the shop... Nice idea!

Charlotte NC 20221106 162952.jpg

Somewhere over (under) the rainbow... :cool:

Csm Davis

I have a light set very similar to yours. I attach the plug into the rear of the truck and I zip tie the cable to the thing I am dragging and use the cloth straps to affix it to the back of the towed vehicle. Problem has always been a place to properly stash the light bar. Running it like you have done also verifies the lights work when I leave the shop... Nice idea!
Somewhere over (under) the rainbow... :cool:
Do you want a set of the brackets? Free if you pay the ride. 20230426_215459.jpg

Tim Cook

How many of you actually take your tow bars and wiffeltree and other large parts off your trucks multiple times a day? I am 6'8" 340 lbs and stronger than most folks you will ever meet so if it is giving me fits getting crap out of mine it needs to be fixed. I have asked for information not conjecture my truck will be modified and probably be stronger than stock and definitely easier to use so if you want to you may just sit and watch while I cut it up. I will not be responding to any more negative post, unless it has some merit as to why I shouldn't cut off the sides. If I can find some hydraulic outriggers I will cut off the stock ones but only then.:twisted:
Look at service truck outriggers,slightly higher rating. I was quoted $2500 for a pair,plus installation. I think you gould install them in the original tube ut I haven't got that far

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks