• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wrecker had a bad day

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
wrecker sprang a leak. just all of a sudden. its on the winch pump on crane. and later i tried to use vise and it broke some little bolts so im quessing it froze up on me. any one can help to determine if this is a seal or gasket blow. there might could be a little crack by one bolt but might be just in the paint any help is appreciated and yes i have pics haha

Attachments

halftrack

Sorry to hear about that Tim. The exact samething happen to me and my vice. I ended up getting a whole new vice. Its a common civilian vise and available anywhere. At least the hydraulic leak is easy to get to and not underneath the truck.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those vises are high quality and expensive, yet can be easily repaired. They'll rust up on you if exposed to the elements and not internally greased up. I saved one from the scrap heap about ten years ago and still use it today. It took about $10 in parts to repair. Find a dealer willing to order replacement parts or try contacting Wilton Corp.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks