• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wrecker spotted

hvann

Spotted this wrecker in TN. I called the guy and he said that it ran very good but he burned the pressure plate pulling out a large piece of equipment. He wants $8000 for it.
Here are some images of it.
I have the # but I'm not sure of protocol here. I don't want to step on someone's toes that may be looking at this rig. Should I post the contact info?

Van

Attachments

area52

Looks like a M62A2 or if you are lucky an A1. Did you look at the engine? If its a Mack (A1) then it will have a large cross over tube on top of the engine.

PM me the number if you don't post it.

thanks

area52

That just looks like it was originally a gasser that got converted to either a multi-fuel or a Mack.

You can tell by the passenger side air cleaner on the fender. You need to pop the hood to tell for sure.

area52

Yep that looks like a multi-fuel, with the dual oil filters on the side and no crossover tube.

My opinion is that $8000 is too much with a bad clutch but thats just on your pics and description. Depends on how close and how much it would take to get it home.

hvann

I'm not interested in it at all. I'm just posting in case someone else may be interested. I don't want to brake any rules, but should I post the phone #?

Thanks
Van

dm22630

I'm not interested in it at all. I'm just posting in case someone else may be interested. I don't want to brake any rules, but should I post the phone #?

Thanks
Van

Dont post it. If someone is seriously interested, they will PM you for it.

Otherwise, a bunch of "dreamers" could end up calling the guy & offering him $1000.....make him mad.....and then when a realistic person wants it, the guy wont deal with them.

2cents

Thanks for looking out for us though!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks