• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wrecker Vice Repair/Rework

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Had an old vice off a wrecker that wouldn't retract the jaw, turns out it was just missing the lock screw on the big drive screw, a twenty-five cent fix, now does it go on the 818 or the 813????

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I have repaired a couple, it feels good to get them working again. After I got a Wilton C2 for my wrecker, I couldn't bear to leave it open to the elements. It will go on my work bench and a smaller Wilton I got from Carnac will go on the wrecker.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a small Wilton that was under water during Katrina, it will be the next project. I just need to find out how to get that end cap off the vice!
James

OLDCHEV4X4

I broke my 4 1/2" Reed vice several months ago installing a u joint. I was so distraught.....that was one of the first pieces of equipment I bought when I graduated from high school in 83. I didnt even have a garage then. But last week I lucked out, a add on craigslist said "Old vice $60". It turned out to be a 5" Reed in very good shape. I also got a civil defense helmet, a model of a C-47 and a short handle for a shovel for the $60.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Vises are like Vise Grips. The only thing better then a good vise is two of them. I think my favorite is the Charles Parker Vise. Columbia, is another good old time US brand.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This one in the photo is a Yost C33, I needed some lock downs since some soldier decided a couple of half inch bolts were a better idea!. Luckily the base was still attached, the retail cost on the vice is $951 so finding one for $50-75 used is the only way to go, even if it needs a little work! Now I need a base plate for the lucky bumper?