• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wreckerman flipped his Deuce

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Well.........not the whole truck.
On Saturday myself and my knowlegeable sidekick Freight Train flipped the hubs on my duece.
My intent is to eventually run super single radials on the beast so I am getting prepped.
We got started about 10 am and worked through the heat of the day until about 5 pm.
Things went well and we only had one visit from Mr. Murphy.
We managed to FUBAR one stud and lugnut on the next to the last wheel.
I had down loaded instructions from the SS site with pics so we had a passing knowledge of what we were doing.
In doing the flip we also inspected and repacked the wheel bearings and replaced seals.
I haven't road tested her yet but I'll report back when I get a few miles on her.

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Wreckerman flipped his duece

Your description of the days events sounds like a team effort but I only noticed FT in the pics doing the work described , are there more pics with you in them doing something? (I read" We" 6 times)

M1075

Re: RE: Wreckerman flipped his duece

doghead said:
Your description of the days events sounds like a team effort but I only noticed FT in the pics doing the work described , are there more pics with you in them doing something?
rofl

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Your description of the days events sounds like a team effort(I counted We 6 times) but I only noticed FT in the pics doing the work described , are there more pics with you in them doing something?
I'm a sergeant remember.......someone has to supervise. :wink:

It's the whloe brains over brawn thing :) .

I did a lot of stuff but I was working the camera too. The curse of the journalist, always taking the picture but seldom in it. 8)

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
You scared me with your post I thought you got into a holler and topsey turveyed your duece. Glad it was just a little hot rodding and not a roll over. Looks good I just think I am going to put on the Overson hubs and leave mine running duels.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did a lot of stuff but I was working the camera too. The curse of the journalist, always taking the picture but seldom in it.
I figured that ! :lol:

houdel

YankeeDuece said:
What's up with that stack...are you over compensating for something?
Gun ring (look closely, its the old end-of a-55-gallon-drum conversion). Its a beech for the gunner with the regular stack belching out soot right into your face!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Wreckerman, I hope you have Freight train in the better part of your will!
I plead guilty to working working the boy like a rented mule. :deadhorse:

He is a good subject matter expert on the beast. [thumbzup]

I spent a lot of time driving them but I only did driver level maintainence on them. :driver:

He is teacching me a lot of stuff about the truck. 8)

FreightTrain

Banned
Guess blowing them up,tearing them up,thrashing,trashing and all out abuse does have it's advantages.......So when I actually treat them right I can fix anything that might pop up.....