• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wrong 200A serpentine pulley

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like my GEP "kit" came with the wrong pulley, does anyone have the correct pulley or a source for one, I would prefer the clutch type.
IMG_20220417_152756075.jpg
Looks like 12460259 would be the "regular" number, seems to be several on fleabay..

Last edited:

V8Merc124

The pulley in the pic is from the early 6.5 N/A serpentine setups. Do not, I repeat do not machine the back thinking it will work. The hole is conical and will weeble wobble on you if you do that "fix". yes I thought I was so smart at one point. rofl

The part# you listed is correct for the newer serpentine set up and is really affordable, I have used it. The generator is not necessarily the difference in the line up, more so the generator bracket type used on the 6.5 engine you have. If turbo, for sure you need the 12460259 at least, but the best is to go to the clutch pulley which is kind of hard to find/expensive.

The fixed pulley can possibly make your belt screetch/noises and in worst cases as I have heard it can jump off coming down from high rpms due to the higher amp generators inertia. But it will work. I just recently found a clutch pulley and have only had it on for a bit, no screetch and much more confident I dont have to worry about a jumping belt.

Last edited: