• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wrong oil pressure gauge?

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
On my M51 A2 dump truck, the gages for the oil and the air pressure have identical scales. According the manual, the oil gage should show a lower pressure range than the air pressure??

With most gages, if the needle is in the middle it's ok, and mine goes there. Anybody any idea what that gage is doing there, it that normal?

It all looks likes it belongs there, no signs of tampering, just makes you wonder.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This oil gage is definitely not standard, bu it is defenitely something the US army did.

Inscriptions are:
MS 24540-2
MFR 09527
FARIA Corp

Anybody recognizes where this gage is coming from?

It reacts when the oil sensor cable is loose from the engine, it goes to 61 - 75 when the engine is running normal, and it definitely reacts and drops to zero when your oil is is blown out of your engine.

Anybody an idea?

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks