• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WSSMAA?

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just recently bought another deuce. "WSSMAA" was stenciled below the driver's door on the rocker and also on the glove box door. Does anyone have any idea what this means? The truck came out of Letterkenny and looks to have originally come from Ft. Drum (Ft Drum and Red Cloud written on the driver's door).

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I think it is a UIC (Unit Identification Code).

Which unit is stands for I do not know.

I think it is from Schenectady, NY.

Are there any #'s that look like they would belong to a:

377th theater sustainment command

or

316 SC(E) COMMAND?

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This makes sense...the bumper #s were as follows:

Facing the truck:

Passenger side front bumper -- 77CR 413 QM
Driver side fron bumper -- 2 HQ

Thanks for the help!

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As a side note...stenciled on the driver's windshield...SGT BONNES (in the lower right corner), BILLY A$$ in the top left corner.

Blake

My good deuce had "WRYLAA" on the right front fender face beside the composite light and on the right "panel" centered on the tailgate. That truck was from Army reserves in Butler, PA

Underneath both is D00001

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks