• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WTB: A/C unit for an M109A3

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone know where I can find an A/C unit for an M109A3? It mounts in the front of the van body.

Thanks!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Bruce, I think that was a field mod using whatever is available. I think Jeff(tactialtruck?) might have some soon.

Michael

I agree with the field modification. I have two with a patched hole the size of A/C where the front window used to be. One was patched with sheet metal and one has a piece of ply wood.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, guys! I appreciate the input. I'll check with Jeff S. I saw a truck recently on GL in NJ (it already sold) and it had what looked like a military unit. It might not have been, but the switches looked different than any civilian units I've seen. I did give some thought to using a roof-mounted RV A/C unit.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
RE: AC for van body

The problem with a roof top unit is the truck is 13 ft tall. I have bridges That I go under that are 13'6", I would probably be without ac very quickly.

Michael

There are a lot of different size military A/C units out there. I saw a truck on GL that had one the size a window unit in the front in the same location mine has the patched hole.

Attachments

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter

wish I had saved some pics of the shop van in NJ recently. It looked like it was made for the application. Thanks to everyone for their responses.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: M109A3 Air conditioning

Mike, those are the pictures of the exact truck I was mentioning. Did you get it?

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter

I was not the winner in that auction. But at least you have some pictures (as do I) with an idea on how to construct an A/C frame. My M109A3 came from Ft. Bragg and had been in a Maint Battalion of the NC National Guard. Maybe the winner is on SS and will report in once their EUC and pick-up is accomplished.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter

I'd love to get some close-up pictures and dimensions on that A/C shelf. Hopefully, someone on this list got it!