• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WTB: O-rings for 400X20 rims (M939A2 series truck)

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone know where I can find the correct O-rings for this rim? I'd like to find the right ones if anyone has a lead. Six to ten ought to do it. Thanks!

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Call your local truck service shop or truck tire shop and tell them you have some 20" bolt-together rims on a piece of equipment. Tell them you need some 20x1/4" o-rings. Those will work fine on the A2 rims. The A1 rims require a fatter o-ring... maybe a 2-x3/16", but I'm not positive.

The other option is buy them from Joe Czarnik.

These folks sell o-rings for their rims too: http://www.accuridewheels.com/bolttogetherspecialty.pdf

M1075

You can always have them made. I paid about $8 each last time. I have posted a few threads here before with the contact info. If you want it and can't find, let me know.

M1075

I found an old post which may help you. Not sure if these are the same size/style as what you need, but you can always send them an old one and they can duplicate it.

"I have used O Rings, Inc in Los Angeles, CA. When I couldn't find an original supplier of o-rings, I sent them one I had and they evaluated it and copied it for me. The original was red and a special compound. To save money, I had them use the standard material (black). They even have a part number now for the O-Ring (61 CL x .375 BN70). I think that just translates into 61" length, .375" diameter and Buna-N 70 Shore material. About $8 each. Contact Amanda @ 323-343-9500 or anelson@oringsusa.com. If you need some or want to have some made in a different size or material, she can help. I have referred several others to her and I think DMA251 put them on his 5 ton. See here: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=8361&postdays=0&postorder=asc

I also have contacts for new valve stems for the 2 piece rims, if needed."

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The .375" diameter ones look like the right size for the A1 rims, which take a fatter o-ring, about 3/8". I will get a pic of each and post them.

I meant to write 20x5/16" above, not 3/16.

dma251

I can second the recommendation to get it from O-Rings, Inc. I'm fixin' to make another order from them myself.

M1075 - please send me the info on getting my hands on a couple of the 2-piece wheel valve stems. I need two of them.

Re- RTV.... I wouldn't try it. No telling when or where it will decide to take leave....

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rattlehead said:
Has anyone tried using RTV in place of an O-ring?
Not RTV but PU-sealant (HD industrial type)… and no O-rings in my own tubeless 20x11" bolt-together wheels! (So far, with excellent results, after 3 years now...!)
I would say that it also works well for A3 wheels and in most other cases, specially if the grooves have already seen some corrosion. And it won't promote further corrosion like when using O-rings since it fills every little gap and porosity. As for "taking a leave", where would it go? Once cured it behaves like an extremely elastic rubber seal, perfectly molded in place…!
In case of having to replace a tire or fix a flat it takes only little effort with a drill and wire brush to remove old sealant and clean both halves prior to re-assembly. And thoroughly cleaning is something you want to do in any case…!

G.

dma251

to each, his own.

I'm just saying I wouldn't do it... Why, when a nice o-ring is re-usable, is cheap, installs with less equipment/supplies/cleanup, doesn't require wire-wheels, doesn't leave you wondering if you used the right sealant...

Flame-on....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks