• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WTK Value of M54

L1A1

Hey!
Ok I don't have any pictures of an M54 for you to look at because I'm not looking at a specific truck! That being said, I wanted to get the opinions of SS members on this: With the military dumping all of the 800 & 900 series 5 ton trucks, Does this have (if any) effect on the value/desirability of the older VN era M54 series trucks? What do you think?
Matt

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guess it depends on what you are going to do with it. I personally prefer the older (rarer) ones. There are thousands of M35's for example but how many gassers or M34's are out there, let alone nice ones?

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
While they will be getting rid of the M939 series trucks at some point...and possibly not at all. I know for a fact that foreign countries are mainly interested in the 900s. I have heard directly from someone who exports to foreign govts with a license to do so that they are ONLY interested in M939 series trucks. Much of what these countries buy comes directly from our govt, not from surplus sales the way we know them. In other words, they are screened out before we even get to know they existed. Inevitably, more will come out, but I personally don't think they will be surplused in the quantities that we are seeing with the M809 series trucks.

The multifuel 5 tons are getting rare. They are worth less than an M809 or M939 to people who want the latter types of trucks. However, to someone that wants a multifuel, the M809s or M939s mean nothing.

L1A1

Hey guys thanks for your input (so far :wink: )

I'm aware that there are lots of folks ahead of the US tax payer who get first pick of any of Unc Sam's gear when he's done with it. I also understand that foreign armies would only be interested in the newest available stuff as that's the equipment that has all the upgrades and is (maybe) in the best condition.

The point made about the early multifuels having an audiance with collectors and the newer 5tons being desired by folks wanting to really "use" their trucks or desiring all the upgrades & improvements of the later models really hit home to me. Thank you.

I was thinking that the overall resale value of those older trucks would have been greatly effected by the availability of so many newer, newly released 5 tons.
Regards,
Matt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks