• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CA WTT - Mapcorp GARC

wookie1562

George Greenough was a Santa Barbara surfer known for several notable innovations in film and surf industries. He teamed with partners to bring some of this innovative tech to defense industry in one of the world's most robust and powerful rescue watercraft - the GARC (Greenough Advanced Rescue Craft).

This GARC was built with a Weber MPE-750. It's similar to engines provided in Polaris watercraft and side-by-sides. I won this unit on govplanet auction in October 2021 and spent several months going through and getting it running. I located a ton of media, press releases, manuals, and documents from the military and other sources on servicing and maintaining this unit. It's very fast and sporty.

I swapped the non-working military computer with a Garmin chartplotter unit and repaired several other cosmetic and mechanical odds and ends. There are <20hrs on it. It works great and has many features typical of much larger vessels; nav lights, battery charger; redundant 12v and 24v electrical systems, automatic bilge pump, tons of storage throughout. I believe it has 30-32 gallon fuel capacity. The exhaust bypass plumbing is threaded for a hose that when connected, can provide warm water to heat rescue victims (or surfers). Flat open transom makes it very easy for swimmers to get in and out of the water. The 150hp powerplant provides better power-to-weight ratio than most supercars.

Located on central coast of CA. I haven't used this much and have since started another boat project. With that, I'm mostly interested in trades for this unit and especially looking for something like a unimog, pinzgauer, volvo c303 or similar.

Third party article with info on these boats: https://www.yachtingmagazine.com/garc-rescue-boats/

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks