• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wyoming to Oregon and Back trip Report

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
First off, sorry no pictures. Second, drove a 2010 Ford pickup, not a MV. But that's the side story...here's the important parts: Found several Deuces and their variants in a few places. First is Idaho Motor Pool, just this side of the Oregon / Idaho border. HOLY SMOKES THEY GOT TRUCKS!!!! Counted at least two wreckers and don't even know how many M35's they got. Closest thing to Deuce heaven I've ever seen! Second sighting was around Boise Idaho. An M35A2 was sitting all lonesome in a lot next to the Freeway (I-84), south side, not sure about the mile marker. Probably for sale by the looks of it. Third sighting was Smith and Edwards Surplus store, south of Brigham City, Utah, a store with anything and everything. If you can imagine it, they probably have it, including Deuce trailers (sorry forgot the M number) and a WRECKER (when I grow up, I want to get a wrecker, if Momma will let me)! Here's the odd ball one and last sighting. This one is not easy to see if you're the driver and if someone can take a look you might find a jewel. Don't know the M number but it definitely had the CCWV (?) WW II deuce appearance. It had a earth mover mounted on the back. Seem to remember seeing one on a WW II news reel of Guadalcanal. The truck is sitting on the south side of I-84 at Farewell Bend Oregon (within 1 +/- miles of the exit). This is where the Snake River takes off north of the interstate (again I-84). Its sitting about 100 yards off the freeway amongst some ranchers cast off junkers and is painted yellow.

Pictures would have been great if I hadn't dopped the camera in the commode. As it is I won't describe the last picture it took :oops:.......

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks