• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

XM757, fifth wheel spacer

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got a question for the metal working experts, Leonard, Robert Miller and other respected members of this forum.

What alloy steel would I need to specify to have the spacer and the angle mounts fabricated shown in the drawing below?

The spacer is the U-channel part separating the 5th wheel from the frame so that the flange does not have to be drilled.

Attachments

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wouldn't use anything less than 4140. By the way, I have the 1 inch riser blocks from my M52A2 if you want them. I'm pulling them out to level my M127 some what.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Bjorn,
I am pretty sure that I have the original specs, and perhaps a useful drawingm at home - if you can wait a week, I'll fix you up.

Regards,
David

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your right, That's the plates i was refering to. I figured you might use them between your 5th wheel and the frame bracket to level the trailor. Do you have a trailor for it?