• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

XM757, items wanted

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The following items are on my most wanted list:
1) Tire(s) and one wheel.
2) 80 gallon fuel tank(s).
3) Personnel heater with accessories.

TIA for any leads.

PS. I did send a msg to Tom Bauer, just in case.

Attachments

devilman96

I talked to Memphis, White Owl, Saturn and TNJ about the solenoid this morning...

Bob at Memphis says he thinks he has an IP with one on it but is checking to see if they will sell just that or if they want to sell the whole IP...
John at TNJ says he has several on remaned LDS crate motors and is willing to pull them for $100 each... and yes I did ask him 3 times if he was SURE he understood what I as asking him for lol...

I am waiting on a call back from both... You get first dibs on whatever is the least costly since I am sealing ideas again [thumbzup]

Everyone else had zip...

devilman96

Gotta call back from Memphis... $129.79 they had 7 of them on the shelf NOS but had the PN wrong when they were trying to find them before... PN is 2910-421-3941... Nothing back from TNJ yet but if they have more than one at $100 I will prolly get it from them.

I asked about your wheels and such... nada... He did say that they had a brand new -2 engine which was stripped and converted to a LDT because they couldn't sell it as a complete -2. Whatever the difference is in parts (water pump, IP, fuel system, etc) they have boxed and sitting up stairs.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for looking Dman! I'm thinking that the hole in the IP must be covered somehow and it seem like the solenoid is the only option since the lever is different and sticks out further on this IP. Tried taking a picture, but it's dark and the IP is not accessible directly from the side.
If you get one of the solenoids, you will have to modify the lever/catch also.

Attachments

Hookin1

Bjorn i will look at buddys and see if he has anything..maybae engine parts but i'm pretty sure he dos'nt have any other parts for your new toy.....if he had one eddiec would have all ready bought it :lol:

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Lance, I didn't see anything like it when I was there either, but appreciate you thinking of it.
There are always little things, like rear composite lights made of aluminum for example, mine are plastic and cracked.
A big tool box instead of the passenger side fuel tank would be good too. :)

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Perhaps you could convert the existing pass side fuel tank into a tool box. Cut a big hole in the side, hinge it, and you have a huge gaping tool box, or tire chain holder, or beer cooler, etc.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike, the fuel tanks that are on it now are not originals and don't fit too well on the hangers they are from m52 5-ton type trucks. The original tanks are made of aluminum, so I'm still looking. Will probably fabricate a heavy duty tool box in time.

D-man, got one of the solenoids on order from Memphis, thanks for the lead!

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Keep finding missing parts here, having looked at the diagram of the fuel system a couple of days ago, it didn't occur to me that the final fuel filter wasn't shown. It isn't on my engine either, somebody removed the canister and bypassed it completely (not to mention the fact that there was no filter element in the one filter they bothered to use).
If there is a parts engine out there, that's my newest addition to this "wanted parts" list, the final fuel filter canisater with bracket.
Called Memphis and they are looking..

Attachments

devilman96

Bjorn,

I think I just found all of the parts your looking for in NC... I was speaking to John again at TNJ today and your parts list came up, he gave me a number for Jim at Henry's Truck Parts in NC so I called just to see what (if anything) he had... I don't know what he wants $ wise but he ether has... or can get... or point you in a direction of everything you need... Seemed to be a fairly nice guy and is interested in trading parts as well just selling them. The number is 704 983 5940

He also has the usual run of the mill on CUCV, 2.5 ton, 5 ton, etc but specializes in support and construction equipment (gen sets, loaders, etc) if anyone is in need.

If you deal with him let me know how it goes, I have some gen parts he needs and would like to know how your transactions pan out.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've dealt with Jim Henry. Nice guy and the prices were fair. Bought a "C" turbo a great number of years ago for a C note. He shows up at Aberdeen every year too. Not much Jim can't find.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got the final fuel filter canister and the cut-off solenoid coming from Memphis, a bit costly, but I guess it's a rare engine.
Jim Henry can get the bigger items and I'll get back with him. He is about 100 miles South of me and within easy reach with the deuce. Got a 5-ton winch in good condition that may be used in trade.
Frank Masoner in Tulsa has a few parts too and with the help from Jason again, some of those parts can be picked up and kept at his place for safekeeping.

TacticalTruck

Guess I should'a looked at this thread sooner. I have a rebuilt -2 engine in the can and a rebuilt pump w/ the solenoid.
Oh well. Bjorn, also check with a friend of mine, Ian Fryatt at www.Phoneix1.ca
He has a XM7xx that he put an expandable body onto. I'm going to see him next week and I'll ask him about parts sources.
I have some used personel heaters here. What BTU does it call for?
Jeff

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Jeff, the BTU rating of the heater is 20,000 I think, but the heater will not be a problem, it's the accessories, controls, cables and ducts, the little stuff. This truck does not have the regular hot water personnel heater, but uses the fuel burning type.
This is a long term project, so don't feel bad. :)

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
These are the parts to the "coldweather kit" that is made for the XM757 8x8.
Some parts are installed like the duct across the engine cowling, the alcohol evaporator kit and the cable from the dash area to the section of the cab where the heater is installed. Also the two nozzles under the seats.

I don't like to waste forum bandwidth, but it could be educational as well, so here goes:

Attachments