• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

XM818WOW

I have the chance to bid on a XM818 locally and would like info that would help make a decision as to how much to bid . So far i can only look at this truck through a fence. i'm attempting to set up a time to look closer and run this unit. It looks alot like my M51A2w/w but has some differences. the most obvious is air cleaner is on left side. do these use multifuel engines ? Its a rag top and It comes with a tandem axel tanker trailer! It all appears to be in good shape. any help with what to watch for and /or what it's worth would be appreciated. I dont mind giving fair price just dont want this latest bite from the big green bug to make me do somthing stupid. thanks.

Desert Rat

If the tanker is stainless steel and the truck is in good running order be prepared to go with a minimum of $7K to $10K to get it. It may well go higher, MUCH higher. The canister being on the driver's side means she has a Cummins 250 engine. I've been looking at a set-up like this for some time. I have a tractor lined up, a much older one, and am looking for a reasonable tanker. The stainless ones are very expensive to get.

got the truck and trailer. drove it home today without any problems as long as i did not use the brakes. seems like a good runing unit! i dont know if its common or not but this tractor has a 5 speed overdrive tranny. over all looks to be in good shape. trailer has a 2 cyl eng. that runs a pump for fuel del. its all there minus the fuel del hoses. it was a blast driving it home. stopped 3 times on the way to check things out and drew quite a number of people each time. due to noise level in cab my ears are still ringing because i forgot my earplugs ! thanks to all that take the time to respond to my many ?'s.