• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Year make and model info

HoustonDeuce

So I searched and ran through some very old threads and all the links I found are no longer functioning. Can anyone out there point me in the right direction for running down the year my truck was manufactured?

Attachments

Barrman

That looks like a replacement data plate. Which means you get to play detective.

Riveted rear motor mount brackets to the frame normally mean the truck came with a multi fuel. 1960 or so and newer was all multifuel production.

Solid state flasher and blinkers came along in 1967 or so. Those things and integrated wiring for them puts it near than that. Probably.

Air operated front axle also indicates at 1960 something or newer truck. Probably.

Dual line brake master cylinder means 1980’s USAF truck.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's a 1967. Shows up in the Carnac historical VIN database which means it was one of the last to get surplused out. The 4K7721 is the US Army registration number which is stenciled on the hood sides. And that year would be Kaiser Jeep manufacturer.

Attachments