• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Year of manufacture?

dcwilkie

I don't know what year my Deuce was made. There's something about it being vended by General August 1985. Is that the right year? It sure looks older than that.
The only numbers I can find on the auction website info are as follows:

DTID:W24MBP83380002A (is that the VIN?)
Manf: U S ARMY TANK AUTOMOTIVE COMMAND AMSTA-IM-MM U.S
Part#: 8736581
http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/haystack?nsn=2320000771616&eventId=4289&lotNumber=3906

Thanks in advance for helping a "newbie" out y'all.

Last edited:

wsucougarx

No that is not the VIN. The VIN and Serial # are on the dataplate just above the glove box or the VIN is found inside the drivers side wheel well, stamped right on the frame of the truck. The VIN is set up XXXX-XXXXX of course X being a #.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks