• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Yes. Another Camper build

pkl2fly

fixer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
UPDATE: Too busy with other projects and still staring at an eberspracher hydronic heater that I want to install to plumb into a heated floor - I hear that's real nice.

I also picked up some a/c parts and will start on that system installation.

We did take the rig to high sierra for a Spring Break ski trip. It was a good chance to see how it performs in cold and snow. It wasn't all that cold (22deg) and the snow wasn't that deep...doesn't mean I didn't seek out some snow.

CAMPSITE 2
IMG_0311.jpg

SNOW TEST
0329171759.jpg Snowmobile park - snowpack was about 2 1/2 feet deep. Set trans to L(mode) and CTIS to X-C, only problem is that the tp lowered lowers the axles, which drag...this was my first time in snow with it so I ventured carefully and no farther than I knew I could back out of - which I did. Went through some 1ft deep accumulation on a road and there was no problem with CTIS set in X-C.

My Mr Heater Buddy propane heater worked well except that the bottle got condensation and frosted up which shut it down after about 2 hrs. They make coozies for them and good sleeping bags make heat less of a necessity. The box kept he temp at about 35 F while O/S temp was around 20 F. 10 mins into me cooking breakfast, the box was 75 F inside....

ROAD REPORT: San Diego to June Lakes, CA 416 miles, 7hrs45mins, 2 tanks of fuel. Fuel stop in Victorville, added fuel in Mammoth lakes, then topped off for return trip in Bishop. Return trip (360mi) was downhill with a tailwind and made it on one tank...

I know, not much of an update on building, but hey, I'm building this thing to use, so I've been using it. The temps will be reasonable in the desert before too long, so it will be making more trips soon.

Also got an M-1082 to haul firewood and toys. Picked up 10ft ramps which will make the 5 ft deck height a little easier to handle.

DSC06092.jpg

This is so much fun...more to come.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks