• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Yet another dumb ? Turn signals this time!

tbar123

I took the bigboy for a small drive today and noticed that I couldn't figure out how to turn the hazard lights on. I know there is a pull switch under the turn signal lever,but mine doesn't pull out. I'm pretty sure that means it's either stuck or broke. So my question is ,Is the switch broke or am I doing something wrong?

MtnSnow

You're doing it wrong...

Slightly push down on the hazard tab and while holding it there you move the selector lever all the way Up (it will be higher than the Right turn position)

For hazard warning lights (blinking lights):
a. Turn main switch lever (Figure 1, Item 4) to STOP LIGHT position.
b. Depress hazard tab button (Figure 1, Item 2) and move turn signal control lever (Figure 1, Item 1) up to
lock tab button (Figure 1, Item 2) in position.
c. To deactivate, move turn signal control lever (Figure 1, Item 1) back to neutral. Hazard tab button
(Figure 1, Item 2) will automatically disengage.
This info is found on page 204 of the 836 page PDF of the TM 9-2320-272-10 also known as page 0012-2

Last edited:

tbar123

Mntsnow; I do thank you for the info, but I need more! Yes I knowaua, I have ( to my knowledge) downloaded all the manuals available and I don't have the manual specified in your response. I have turned the switch all the way up, and the tab underneath won't do anything, up,down,sideways or whatever. I hate to be a pain, but I would like more info.

goldneagle

Mntsnow; I do thank you for the info, but I need more! Yes I knowaua, I have ( to my knowledge) downloaded all the manuals available and I don't have the manual specified in your response. I have turned the switch all the way up, and the tab underneath won't do anything, up,down,sideways or whatever. I hate to be a pain, but I would like more info.
He said to push the tab down first (towards the steering column). Hold it there and then shift the lever upwards.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I suggest you find the basic operators manual and read it, before worring about how to use the turn signal(that's covered in it).

tbar123

Doghead, the warning lights are not covered in the "hard copy" I have for this specific truck, if it is I haven't found it. I have been reading it daily for a while. I suppose I'm just an idiot, or I don't understand military talk!

Goldeneagle; I have also tried that and still nothing. I think the switch may be faulty. I will try again though. Thanks for the help.

tbar123

I suppose I'm a real complete and total idiot, but why is does it seem like there are 15 different tittles for the same manual? Mountainsnow gave me a number different than that, doghead just gave me yet a different number, my manual has yet a different number! Yes I have downloaded all the manuals in the 5 ton TM section , and the one mountain gave I don't have! Is it common to change the numbers/ or drop numbers ? or am I just completely missing the boat?

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What model truck do you have?

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can you post a picture of your turn signal switch? (there is more than one style)

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just hung up with the Gimpyrobb, and he said he would try to swing by sometime when he's headed out your way, to show you how to use the 4 ways.

Send him a PM.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We could use someone to make and post a youtube video.

Your not the first to be baffled by this.

LiqTenEXp

Section 2-18 of the -10

(2) For hazard warning lights (blinking lights):
(a) Turn main switch lever (4) to STOP LIGHT position.
(b) Depress hazard tab button (2) and move turn signal control lever (1)
up to lock tab button (2) in position.
(c) To deactivate, move turn signal control lever (1) back to neutral.
Hazard tab button (2) will automatically disengage.

Key here might be to make sure you are in the STOP LIGHT position on your main 3 switch light panel. Middle switch, 1 o'clock position (first click right of center)

Last edited:

tbar123

I finally got it, The switch in my truck is different. In the second picture; red arrow you pull outwards ,towards the windshield, green arrow; then rotate clockwise to the hazard "on" position. The grey circle is the bump/step on the column that stops the switch for just right turn signal. The switch itself is marked May 1991. The switch does go much farther past the right turn signal ( clockwise ) before the bump/step giving a false impression that your at the farthest rotation of the switch.IMG_20140423_085113_376.jpgIMG_20140423_085246_154.jpg

tbar123

Thanks Mtnsnow; I thought I was loosing my mind! I knew I was doing what everybody told me, but it just wasn't working. I think this switch actually came of a different style truck, just to get it working. After all my truck is an 84' and the switch is a 91'