• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

yet another GP No start fault

EODTECH90

this is the skinny
m1009
ran fine when i test drove it other than the fact it didnt want to shift until redline
Dripping diesel out of fuel filter base, i am replacing it with a spin on type

#1 no(GP) light at the dash all other lights check out
no relay clunk, the 24v to 12v resistior has been cut out of the system i connected it to the bus bar and put my dmm on the output side an got 24v sad face..so thats why they cut it out (the previous owner a guy who bought it at auction the way it sits so national guard took it out) looked for voltage at plugs just in case... an 0 duh, replaced relay with napa one i think the 109, tried to jump the relay with the 3" wire and still no clunk o an i forgot to mention its getting 12v on the top post of the relay, no voltage from blue wire with key in "run" position checked all the fuses under dash and they are all good, engine cranks fine, IGN switch perhaps not sure but that blue wire aint gettin voltage not sure what the other little one does, researching that now

class three oil leak out of rear of engine area, will make small puddle after 10 min of operation.. pretty sure its the rear main

#3 i realize that the GP issues are always posted by newbs in advance im sorry its just frustrating, im digesting the pubs as we speak, my truck is in the bay at the MWR on post here at stewart they close at 1700 on sat so im sol till 0900 tomorrow thank fully i have the ol' cummins thank you all for your endless knowledge in advance i intend on learning fastly...lol

#4 should i go ahead an get the ac60g's now so i have em to replace any deficient ones tomorrow cause advance said ill have em in the mornin its apparent they like to go out

thanks i really wanna start drivin this thing:grd:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you jumped power to your light blue wire, you most likely ruined your GP controller card.

A resistor is not magical. It does nothing unless there is a complete circuit.

You need to read more. (before jumping wires)

epitts

CDR valve

class three oil leak out of rear of engine area, will make small puddle after 10 min of operation.. pretty sure its the rear main

Try cleaning your CDR valve, You can search on this issue also.

EODTECH90

ok, long day at work on it
these are the results
i decided to take care of the spin on fuel filter w/ boat primer bulb conversion and did it using mostly parts out of whats on the forum, its done... finally, then as to take a break I used an airgun and very throughly cleaned out the interior under dash etc, when I went to crank it over glow plug light came on i went reconnected the relay an everything an she fired right up!
cleaned CDR valve throughly...extremely thourghly
as well as the oil fill cap/vent
also intresting to note that the blowby is moderate it looks like a rads overheating when hood is closed because of all the vapor from oil fill, looks like i need a new 6.2, anyone got a spare?
which at least she runs but that brings me to a few other problems
After about 10 min of running she starts leaking coolant out of the drivers side lower radiator right by coolant overflow
trans is near impossible to shift out first, replaced/inspected vacuum lines on top side of motor replaced modulator with one from orielly... seems a little smaller than OE that was on it also didnt know that the trans was going to dump on me, fluid looked brand new wasnt burnt brand new must have been just replaced modulator didnt seem to seat all the way might just be me but no leaks hooked up with new vacuum hose as old one was falling off im gonna trace that hard line to see if theres more soft vacuum line i can replace tomorrow
as well as im gonna do the doghead starter relay mod
thanks for the help an all the info on the site[thumbzup]
also if anybody is in SE GA lemme know

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks