• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

youth group needs turrent top ideas.

bigmech

Our church youth group has a huge farm they have turned into a small village mock up. They have several vans they want to turn into tanks. They were just about to use our shop to chop open the roofs when I remembered the turrent tops some military trucks came with. Does anybody know where we could get some to weld into the tops of these vans or have better ideas than we do?

PorscheTech911

I don't know what a "turrent" is, but adding a turret to a vehicle will require some extra bracing of the structure to hold it up, plus whatever your mounting. And is there going to be a seat mounted? Maybe a basket from the roof like a HMMWV? More reinforcing.

That's gonna cost $$$ plus the (most likely) high price of a turret ring you find. You'd be better off cutting holes in the walls or adding a light weight wood setup on top instead. And it would be cheaper.

Find a paintball forum that the members use tanks and ask them for ideas. They are usually pretty good at it.

BLK HMMWV

Turrets

Did you mean turrets.
Robert had about the cheapest thing you would find. Can't beat it for $290.00
He is sold out but looking for more. You can go to the following link and put your name on a list in case he finds more.
MG42 Ring Mount Complete, RTG Gun Parts

Other than that your going to be looking for a HMMWV type or a Ring mount off a duece and both will set you back some coin.

BH

maynard83

I have some rooftop assemblies with a hatch opening that are brand new. If you are interested check out the classified ads under ROOFTOP CAB ASSEMBLY W/HATCH and send me a PM. If it is for your church group as you say I can work something out with you. I have 5 of them.

Flyingvan911

For a mock village why not use mock turrets? The only major part you need is a base for them to swivel on. The actual turret armor can be made out of plywood and painted. If it's for paintball or airsoft 3/8" will work fine. Your youth group isn't worried about the Russians or Chinese invading are they, lol?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks