• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

zipperless boots installed

nickd

I ordered 3 one piece axle boots from teds trucks. They had 2 styles soft rubber and the USA 6x6 ones. I ordered 2 of the soft ones and they only had 1 of the heavier USA 6X6 type. I had a Military zipper boot I picked up in a box of stuff. It was a solid boot with the zipper sewen in (the rubber behind the zipper was not cut) I opened up the steering knuckles in the front axle to re grease them and also to replace the bearings and races. The military boot went on the passengers side with no problems. On the drivers side I tried to use the softer zipperless boot as it had the same feel and thickness of the rubber on the military boot. That boot fit well on the inside groove and the smaller clamp went on easily but the outer surface of the boot would not stay in place to allow the larger outer clamp to go on. I have replaced my boots with the zippers many times and I tried all the tricks but the boot would not stay on. I pulled it off and but the USA 6X6 thicker boot on. It went on easily and fit well. I will be watching the boots!

Banshee365

I only installed them a few months ago. I would say I have 200 miles on the truck so far. The boots are great and I plan for them to last for a long time.

-Kelly

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks