• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1952 XM215

Poppa Ames

I purchased a 1952 XM215 in CA. The 6 cylinder gas engine was disassembled upon purchase. I was told it had a seized cylinder. Looking at replacing it with a 6.8L V-10 Ford engine. Is it fees able to stuff in engines compartment? I have the stock auto transmission, should I use it or swap that too.?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your 69 year old truck needs a complete overhaul beyond the engine compartment. If your end goal is to transport dirt, maybe a late model truck is better suited to your needs.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would not use the GMC auto trans at all. The 215 is a rare truck and the parts were not designed for the power of the V-10.

Poppa Ames

I purchased a 1952 XM215 in CA. The 6 cylinder gas engine was disassembled upon purchase. I was told it had a seized cylinder. Looking at replacing it with a 6.8L V-10 Ford engine. Is it fees able to stuff in engines compartment? I have the stock auto transmission, should I use it or swap that too.?
Well I got it, a 6.8L and a 4r100 auto transmission for pennys. I don’t plan on hauling anything but people, maybe parades and such this will be interesting and thanks for all advice I am not an expert on any of this by far.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great! Doesn't all the Ford stuff need a computer? I remember when I got my GMC, the 302 had a thrown rod. I rebuilt it in my apartment at the time. Engine still runs great 38 years later. They are bulletproof.