• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Budd lug nut question

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I took off the duals to go through the axles and paint, but on one wheel, I was taking the nut off and it stuck on the end of the cap, and then the cap came off, leaving it stuck in the hole in the rim. I'm thinking I might have to cut it off to get it out of the rim. Does anyone know if these Budd nuts are a standard size that I can get at NAPA?? And do they sell them individually or in a set??

KsM715

You can also look for a tool called a "porkchop" that will lock the lugnut to the wheel and let you spin the thimble off. Also a geared lugwrench will do the same.

If the thimble threads are messed up to the point it needs replacing remember that there are both right and left hand threads on the deuce.

welldigger

I have some spare thimbles if you need any. Just cover shipping costs and you can have a few. I have left and right handed ones.

If it just unthreaded from the stud then either get a "pork chop" tool or you might can get a crescent wrench in there and turn the thimble inside the nut. Off the truck of course.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I usually just cut them off and go get a new thimble and nut. They aren't very expensive.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A PorkChop should be a standard tool in your Wheel End Kit. Once the nuts are broken loose, if they aren't finger loose, I replace them. I don't care to have to back the whole thing off, with a wrench! They just get worse and gauld other stuff.

Ford Mechanic

I have some spare thimbles if you need any. Just cover shipping costs and you can have a few. I have left and right handed ones.

If it just unthreaded from the stud then either get a "pork chop" tool or you might can get a crescent wrench in there and turn the thimble inside the nut. Off the truck of course.
+1 I too have a full rear set of thimbles if anyone needs some.

FatBuddhaBoo

Does anyone know if these Budd nuts are a standard size that I can get at NAPA?? And do they sell them individually or in a set??
I bought a whole right and left side set for my deuce from NAPA (back when I was going to unflip my hubs and go back to dual rears); yes they were priced individually.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks