• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

16.5 inch wheel 37 inch humvee radials

steved454

Warwag yeh you are right I read everything on the H1 wheels and did not want to go through all the trouble, lol that would have been alot easier now though!.

OL AG '89 I think you hit it on the head, it was cold and the tires had been stacked for a long time in my cold shop. The factory rims I got from gragslist and when I drove back to the shop and lifted the front end up could see the wheel wobble when I spun it around. the tire guy then said " oh yeh I thought it was bent when I had a time balancing it" I am not going back to that shop. We moved the wheels around and now it is not as bad.

I am ordering the procomp 16.5 x 8.25 today, Now that the tires are warmer and actually on the truck I am thinking they will mount up now.

This thread has answered alot of question for me and hope this helps the next guy down the line. when I get the wheels on will post a pic!!!!!!!!!!

love pics[thumbzup]

steved454

ok here are the pics, One thing though with stock 16.5 x 6.75 wheels I did not have any tire rub, With the 16.5 x 8.25 wheels I now have tire rub, I had to drive back home only makeing right hand turns. 2 hours later and 2 tanks of fuel.:driver:. just joking, was a fun ride back though! the 8.25 wheels have inch back spaceing so if you go above stock wheel that is something to think about.
in summary
4 1/2 inch spring lift
37 inch H1 humvee radials
they will fit with minor trimming on wider rims.
If you do not want to trim for with a 5 or 6 inch lift.

Attachments

isaacucv

The truck looks great! What are your toughts now that you have driven it a bit? Is it nicer to drive with the bigger tires on it? How did those larger tires affect your cruising speed?

steved454

have not driven it enough to check mpg yet.

As for driving, it make a little more noise but drives great. Fourwheeler mag did a build on one of these trucks and put 37 inch tires on it. they said they added a turbo because it was slower getting on the California highways. For me it still has just as much power as it did with the 35 inch tires on it or even the stock tires. I pulled off form a stop sign and spun a tire as I left the other morning. So for me it pulls fine and I love it on the road. will try and get some numbers on it when I run a couple of tanks out of it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks