• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2 man set up questions

ARYankee

I've got the 2 man set up. My back passenger seat backs are not secured to the floor. I haven't found any diagram on proper position and how they are secured. If anyone has any pictures or a TM reference where it shows/states how it is supposed to be secured, that would be great.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Each of your seat backs should have two quarter turn fasteners attached with tethers, these fasteners are what hold the seat backs down. Are yours missing?

Wire Fox

I'm really feeling lazy at the moment and the only right part I could find without getting out the manuals was on eBay, so I'll get the next-closest thing: https://www.easternsurplus.net/PartDetails/3310/Rear-Cable-and-Stud

Each rear seat uses a cable assembly like what's in that link, except that the cable is longer and has two studs on it. The end of the cable screws in to the side of the seat back and the locking studs pass through a pair of large holes on the back of the seat back to lock to the fender (you have to slide the seat back behind the seat base correctly to get the holes to line up). If you are in the 2-door configuration, you lay the seat back down so that you have two holes line up with the infamous support bar behind the driver & commander seat and the locking studs will instead insert and lock into that bar. With that seat back in front of you, it should all make sense.

Edit: In hindsight, that IS the correct part that I linked, except you're just missing one stud. The second stud would just be slid onto the cable before installing it to the side of the seat base, that way you can move it around on the cable to get the hole alignment correct depending on which configuration you have the seat back placed in.

Last edited:

ARYankee

Sorry that I haven't replied. I appreciate the info. I've been busy working. My back set of seatbacks were just laying there loosely. I'll have to check to see if they aren't laying in the seats.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks