• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2012 Haspin info/dates/attendance

augiedoggy

To all who are interested in the FRS/GMRS radios, I believe they will all work together no matter what brand, type etc. The FRS are lower power and use channels 1-14 and the GMRS uses channels 1-22 with all the sub channels for privacy. GMRS radios have more power for further distance. I have an older set of motorola talkabouts which have built-in batteries and seem to run a long time. I figured I'd bring both and switch if one goes dead. Also thinking I'd hang it from the roof of the cab closer to my head while driving and belt clip while on foot. I'm sure Stretch is right, they will be hard to hear in the truck.
My motorolas came with the little ear bud/mic ptt (push to talk) thingy which may help.
Example:
http://www.google.com/products/cata...sa=X&ei=vCLRT72HL4-y8QSK2-g1&ved=0CKkBEPMCMAI

Looking forward to seeing everybody and gettin' the rig a little dirty! :beer:

Last edited:

Matt1970M35A

212sparky and all outhers. I will have my water bufflo with me. I will fill it in town and park it some were around base camp for all to use. If some one has a 4000 watt 220 volt genset I have a heater for it. It is clean and safe for drinking water.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
212sparky and all outhers. I will have my water bufflo with me. I will fill it in town and park it some were around base camp for all to use. If some one has a 4000 watt 220 volt genset I have a heater for it. It is clean and safe for drinking water.

Make sure you ground that god dang thing, we don't need anyone getting electrocuted!

212sparky

I drive 4 ground rods and have a solution I pour on the ground to improve conductivity of the ground, I have that covered. Any body else need power that is going? I am going to have some cable with me but I can bring a lot more with me to power up the camp site. Just let me know by Sunday

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
My last post was a "dig" at Matt. He had some goofy power thing going to his 280 shelter at one of the Haspin events and everyone that touched it got ZAPPED!

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
More cable/power is always better. I will have my own, but it may not be able to keep up.

eagle4g63

I would be much appreciative of any electric that I may use. I will bring cords of my own, just can't afford to run my large gas genny. So I will contribute to the fuel cost of anyone that I can plug into.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If we really want to make power, we can hook up my 35KW genny in the back of the 814. I believe I can run the whole site with that monster.........I just don't have any cables.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hope that everyone realizes that the Haspin Rally is sort of spread out. Unless you bring really long (and big) cables or park right next to the generator you may not have a hookup.

Bobby (Matt) will fill the 149 up with nice cold Laurel water and sitting outside in the sun, I mean rain it will warm up on its own in about 5 days...........

212sparky

I can reach roughly 180' from the shelter, across the road to the west side. There will be a 50 amp 120 240 volt panel with 120 volt 20 amp plugs for that side. And if you are by the shelter I can reach 120' to the north with another 50amp panel. If you need special hook up let me know.

Rob Edwards
Winding Electric LLC.

indy4x4fab

Banned
I can reach roughly 180' from the shelter, across the road to the west side. There will be a 50 amp 120 240 volt panel with 120 volt 20 amp plugs for that side. And if you are by the shelter I can reach 120' to the north with another 50amp panel. If you need special hook up let me know.

Rob Edwards
Winding Electric LLC.
And this is why it pays to be sparkys freind. He will keep the lights on and I'll bring the recovery gear.

I will have anther 200' of cord for my camp to run our fans to keep us cool at night.

Last edited:

212sparky

Do i have a cord? That is a good one! Almost as good as: If it has one rounded edge, it can be used as an anal suppository. I think i can scrounge up something. Camp will be powered and lit-up no problem.