• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 Ton GL Title?

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you have recieved a title on a five ton in the last couple of months drop me a PM, I have seen some curious things on the last couple of my titles, I just want to see if is a trend?
Thanks,
James

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some of the information on the GL title doesn't match the info from the auction, different vin numbers, different sales prices, etc. I have two that have this kind of mismatched info, I am wondering if mine are anomalies are or others seeing the same thing?

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do they send you an actual title or an SF-97 form? I know some states are different.

alabamafrog

I got one for my M925 a few weeks ago, it looks like and Arizona title and looks to have the right ID number and mileage on it. It does not have any info about the auction or the price on it.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
If you buy a truck out of Mississippi be very careful who you are dealing with....the scrappers are butchering trucks left and right and there some people who bought the old 800 series trucks as scrap and are trying to sell them without titles or with hinky titles.
Make sure any 5 ton truck you consider buying has a clean MS title....if it doesn't find one that does....otherwise you just bought a lawn ornament or off road only vehicle.

papercu

Are you saying that the LEO verified SF97 that you send back to G/L is coming back with wrong infor on the title?
In GA any incorrect information on a state title has to be sent back to the state and corrected.
Wayne

ARYankee

Only thing that I have ever noticed was the sale price. My VIN was correct on my 923 that I just got registered. BTW........ Where were you today Rumple? You missed out on a good convoy :)

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've titled a couple of 5-tons in the last month or so. I always get a sf97 from GL. The sf97 always has the same info that I submit when applying. More times than not, the description in the auction listing is wrong on the trucks I've bought when it comes to VIN numbers.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Theodore I didn't even think about it until about eleven this morning, and I was in Russellville working on one of the 5 tons too! I have seen the price on the SF97 along with the vin being so wrong I have had to go back to the truck and use the stenciled number on the door instead of the vin to get a SF97! The last title I got has my M818 as a M18!

ARYankee

Theodore I didn't even think about it until about eleven this morning, and I was in Russellville working on one of the 5 tons too! I have seen the price on the SF97 along with the vin being so wrong I have had to go back to the truck and use the stenciled number on the door instead of the vin to get a SF97! The last title I got has my M818 as a M18!
I was looking for you this morning, hoping you would show.... Oh well. That just means you HAVE :) to show up for Petit Jean and camp out with us.

That sucks to have an issue with the SF97 especially since you have to pay for one. I usually double and triple check what I have typed in..... not to say that they couldn't screw it up afterwards.

deputyden

I'm trying to get a title from GL for my 923 but can't find the VIN on the truck. I've looked all over the left front frame by the steering box.....is it somewhere else? Trying to get the sf97 for a Missouri title. Anyone have the exact spot the VIN would be? Thanks in advance.:wink: