• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

7 Ton USMC truck info

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am lost ball in tall weeds on this one,but gonna throw it out and see where it leads....
I've been told by several sources that the Caiman II-MTV MRAP's and the current 7 tonner MC
truck share lots of parts including wiring,guages,etc.etc.etc.
I am trying to get copies of any TM's that woould help sort out issues on MRAP chassis I am working with....any and all
help appreciated ..........Bill/popacom

sandcobra164

The Caiman shares a lot with the Medium Tactical Vehicle family of trucks that the Army uses including a lot of the wiring and the gauge panel is the exact same. The Caiman runs a C7 Cat and Allison Trans common to the MTV and I believe the axles are the same. The Marine Corps 7 ton parts are completely different.

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am working with Caiman ll ,C-9 Cat,Cat trans.,independant susp.axles instead of
solids,..etc. ...etc. which was an upgrade of
Caiman I.....Bill

sandcobra164

The USMC 7 tons run a C-12. Alot of MRAP's were upgraded suspension based on the Oshkosh Tak-4 suspension which would share common differentials and planetary hubs with an MTVR. I'd need to see a picture of the gauge cluster to confirm which family of trucks it's common to. PM me for my phone number if you'd like to talk but I'm in bed by 9 pm most nights.

Respectfully,
Joseph