• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

86 m1009 trans line help needed

wiccantoy

Ok I have 2 metal lines going under the trans area nearest the engine. Anyone know a good source for new metal lines? They started a nasty leak. And with winter comeing I need this thing running.
Thanks in advance for any help

camogriz

I bought an M1008 from GL with a hole in one of the trans lines that ran under the inspection cover. It looked as if a forklift pinched it and broke it. I went to the auto parts store and bought a compression fitting (I forget the size now) that I installed and never looked back. It never leaked.

Matt65

I made my own a few weeks back with new metal tubing from Summit Racing. The tubing was about $20 for 25ft iirc.

JUNKYARDJOHN

I have always made mine out of steel brake lines. Any auto parts will have it in 6 foot lengths, & it's easy enough to bend up your own cheaper than the cost of shipping them. I you don't have a tubing bender.. nows a good time to buy one. (they're cheap) Or you could bend them arond a pop bottle to keep from kinking them. EASY-CHEASY[thumbzup] John

Matt65

Are we all talking about the same lines? Im refering to the ones that there are 2 of and go under the trans. From passanger side and going under the trans to the drivers side.
The trans cooler lines follow this path and come up to connect on the Driver side of the radiator. - These are the lines I remade.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Whats the -20P say for part numbers? If you posted a picture(or the page from thr TM, it would help identify the parts you need).

What is leaking out? Trans fluid?

JUNKYARDJOHN

The only lines that I know of on a turbo tranny are the two steel trans. fluid lines, that go to your radiator & return, & a rubber vaccume line that hooks up to the modulator. Why don't you post a picture, & remove the doubt that we are talking about the same thing. :roll: John

ssdvc

The Chevy dealer may be able to get them. Just check the TM for the part numbers. I have gotten a few NOS parts out them recently.

wiccantoy

Mine are done they were the trans cooler line. Much easier to see the entire set-up after it was on the lift. And noticed i really badly need a new exhaust. :cookoo:
Guess its when you use the truck that has 32k miles on it to plow with. But **** i made 12k with it last year alone.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks