• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alternator Bracket

pbrstreetgang

I got my rebuilt alternator back today and rushed home only to find that my CUCV is without the proper mount.

Where can I locate the right bracket to attach the driver's side alternator

Thanks

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Muddobber40 Last Activity: 04-20-2009

mangus580

I got my rebuilt alternator back today and rushed home only to find that my CUCV is without the proper mount.

Where can I locate the right bracket to attach the driver's side alternator

Thanks
Are you sure they rebuilt your alternator, and not swapped it with a rebuilt? Are you sure its the wrong bracket?

Make sure both alternators are identical in size.....

pbrstreetgang

Yeah, I think that they just swapped it, possibly with a brand new one. The guy asked me what vehicle it was for, and incredibly, he had 3 alternators in the back that he said were for a military vehicle. I am sure, looks good, just need the mount and hope like hell it starts when I get my new batteries.

acmunro

CUCV only. There could have been a dual alternator option on the civi blazer. If there was it was probably a one off and would be very hard to find.

pbrstreetgang

What is the wiring configuration for the driver's side alternator.

Red Wire - Large Nut on Back?
Brown Small Wire - Small Nipple on Back
Black Small Wire (Ground?)
Black Larger Wire???
Red Plug - Check

JohnFire

Look in the sticky's. I posted the GM part number for the driver side alternator bracket. It was about $42 I think when I had gotten mine. Just goto the local chevy dealer, and have them order it.