• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone have a picture of how the rear axles on a deuce locate to the rocker beams?

R Racing

Anyone have a picture of how the rear axles on a deuce locate to the rocker beams? have a weird idea. but without tearing into how my rears are mounted. I thought someone may have some pictures?

Flyingvan911

I don't have pics at the moment but there are four dogbones on the right and two on the left. On the right each axle has one for the top and one for the bottom. On the left each axle has one dogbone on the bottom.

R Racing

That's what I was afraid off. Had this stupid idea that the axles sat on a arm that located them with the links. Ultimately if they sat on a arm boss, I was going to try and make offset plates to move the axles farther apart for 1400s on my m35a3. I believe I'm barking up the wrong tree now . But sometimes neat things come from weird ideas. LOL

Flyingvan911

The leaf springs are attached to the trunion in the middle (between the axles) but sit free on top of each axle. The dogbones maintain the spacing.

welldigger

That's what I was afraid off. Had this stupid idea that the axles sat on a arm that located them with the links. Ultimately if they sat on a arm boss, I was going to try and make offset plates to move the axles farther apart for 1400s on my m35a3. I believe I'm barking up the wrong tree now . But sometimes neat things come from weird ideas. LOL
Actually what you are thinking of has been done. It will require custom torque rods that have been lengthed and take a 5 ton spring pack with a few of the leaves removed. You may also need to relocate the fuel tank. I know you do with 16.00s. Not sure with 14.00s.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually what you are thinking of has been done. It will require custom torque rods that have been lengthed and take a 5 ton spring pack with a few of the leaves removed. You may also need to relocate the fuel tank. I know you do with 16.00s. Not sure with 14.00s.
I have seen it done, but not with 5-ton springs (those are 3" wide).

G.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks