• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone in the Austin/Round Rock area that can come by sometime and.....

Goobs

Go over my truck with me. Its a 1990 BMY 953A2, 5 ton with the 8.3 Cummins Turbo, Allison 5 speed.

Ive never owned one before and just want to have an experienced person go over what everything is and what should be done on a regular basis for maintenance and general use. Also look it over with me to make sure there are no issues I need to address that I am not aware of? I also have a 20,000 lb winch on the front that I am not 100% sure of how to operate...:shrugs:

Plus, Id love to get to know people in my area that have these trucks as well.

Im in Round Rock Texas and the truck is at my house.

Thanks in advance. If you are available, Please PM me and I can give you address and directions.

Goobs

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a MVPA group that meets at Camp Mabree (sp) monthly.

Contact member MKCOEN and see if he is available. He has many MVs

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I owe you a callback from a while ago (sorry! :oops:), I'll give you a holler.

The local truck club, Lone Star MVPA, meets in the museum on Camp Mabry, third wednesday of each month at 7pm.

Cheers

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a MVPA group that meets at Camp Mabree (sp) monthly.

Contact member MKCOEN and see if he is available. He has many MVs
Warthog is correct. Lone Star MVPA meets at the Museum at Camp Mabry the 3rd Wed of every month at 7pm (so the 17th this month). Unfortunately I won't be making that meeting as I'm getting ready for the MVPA Convention. I'm just north of San Antonio so it's a bit of a drive for me. If I was going to the meeting this month I'd offer to stop by but likely the earliest I'll be in the Austin area is Jul 15. I did pass your info along to some guys in your area and hopefully one of them will get in contact with you.

edit - Rory beat me to it

Goobs

Thanks guys. I do want to try to make one of the meetings there at Camp Mabury. Thanks Rory, let me know if you need my number again.

Goobs

jonstine

Good to know. I'm out here in Bee Cave, west of Austin. My 1028 has been altered by previous owners, including a ridiculous metallic green paint job that is peeling off of the CARC. If I'm just a CUCV enthusiast can I still attend the meetings? Not sure if you guys are hard core MV folks or open to anyone regardless of the MV restoration stage.

Also, can anyone get onto Camp Mabry, or do you need military ID?

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good to know. I'm out here in Bee Cave, west of Austin. My 1028 has been altered by previous owners, including a ridiculous metallic green paint job that is peeling off of the CARC. If I'm just a CUCV enthusiast can I still attend the meetings? Not sure if you guys are hard core MV folks or open to anyone regardless of the MV restoration stage.

Also, can anyone get onto Camp Mabry, or do you need military ID?
All you have to do is be interested in MVs, don't even have to own one. We've got several folks in the club that have CUCVs only, started with CUCVs and added to their collection, had a collection and added CUCVs, and some who couldn't tell you what a CUCV is.

All you need to get on Mabry is a driver's license and reason to be there. Just tell them you're headed to the Museum for the MVPA meeting.

dawico

Go over my truck with me. Its a 1990 BMY 953A2, 5 ton with the 8.3 Cummins Turbo, Allison 5 speed.

Ive never owned one before and just want to have an experienced person go over what everything is and what should be done on a regular basis for maintenance and general use. Also look it over with me to make sure there are no issues I need to address that I am not aware of? I also have a 20,000 lb winch on the front that I am not 100% sure of how to operate...:shrugs:

Plus, Id love to get to know people in my area that have these trucks as well.

Im in Round Rock Texas and the truck is at my house.

Thanks in advance. If you are available, Please PM me and I can give you address and directions.

Goobs
Just north of you in Lampasas. I have a 923a2 and can show you around a bit when I get back in town in a week or so. I am no expert but do have a fair amount of experience with it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks