• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ATF Form-6 Delays

martinwcox

I have a few Form-6's that I am waiting on, I had heard that these are taking 3 months now due to staff shortages and the 3 week shutdown impact, anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks,

Martin.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ATF is notorious for delays when it comes to approving forms and getting things done for transfers. The shop east of here, sells suppressors which require a $200 tax and ATF approval, when I was in there in Dec. they said they were getting approvals from ATF for purchases made the previous March. If you want something paperwork or approval wise, they take their time.

Now if they want to kick in some doors, shoot the wrong person and burn down a church with a bunch of kids and women in it, they're pretty much Johnny-on-the-spot with that.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
3 months is a wonderful amount of time. I have form 4's and form 3's from last year still pending.

You don't get in a rush with the NFA branch of the ATF.

WRMorrison

I'm not sure what a form-6 is for, but other forms (like form-4's) are now available in an electronic version and have been getting approved MUCH quicker. Might be worth checking into...

-WRM

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is this new regulation for MV ownership?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm not sure what a form-6 is for, but other forms (like form-4's) are now available in an electronic version and have been getting approved MUCH quicker. Might be worth checking into...

-WRM
That too has slowed. The flow through of e-file forms at first was a "testing" phase from how it's been explained to SOTs.

Is this new regulation for MV ownership?
To import armor back into the US, you have to file a form 6 with the ATF. It's been this way for some time.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh, I did not know that. Never tried to import armor.

Thanks

martinwcox

I have a new set of track, road wheels etc. and a recon J60 engine to bring in, it's all in Canada right now as a stop off point from the UK, I hitched a ride in someones container.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you had done a search or RTFM on Form 6 you would have known!!
Just wait 'til I see you in chat...

Actually, I did Google search "form 6", and this is the first(and first 5 or 6) search result. http://www.jimmyjane.com/form-6-vibrator

Yeah, I stopped right there and asked what they were referring to.

The next 5 or more had nothing to do with armor either.

docpadds

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The new Eforms has sped up most of our forms we have used. Forms 2 and 3 are very quick (couple days sometimes). I have not yet done a form 6 on it, we have an 08 importers FFL but rarely use it.

MtnSnow

I recently got a couple of form 1's back via the atf e-forms in 91 days, 94 days and 96days. Hopefully a couple of e-form form-4's will being coming back in the next couple of weeks but I'm betting a couple more months..lol

martinwcox

Well I be ****ed, an approved Form-6 was just delivered, received by ATF 11/25/13 and back today, pretty much bang on the 60 day's as advised. Yippee!

All my stuff comes under Implements of War (IOW).