• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Auburn Veterans Day Parade 5 NOV 2016

Amer-team

Hello Team, time to start gearing up for the Auburn Vets Parade.
This year, Friends of Kilroy, would like to emphasize the 25 Year anniversary of Desert Storm. Please bring out your tan vehicles. Uniform of the day would be Desert Chocolate Chips or Desert Camo (DCU). Or wear what you need to.

Registration is in and the parade people are planning on calling special attention to this tribute.

If you are not in one of the other organized groups and would like to participate, please contact me and bring out your original or restored MV. There has been some discussion about giving some Desert Storm Vets rides in the parade. If you could be helpful with that, it would be very appreciated. If you are or have a DS Vet that would like to go along, please do. We would be happy to have foot personnel in uniform as well.

They usually stage us on one of the side streets, so if you are bringing an oversize vehicle, let us know so we can account for that and work with the parade people. Last year it worked out pretty well as we had already communicated our needs to them.

We did this at the 20th anniversary with 6 foot soldiers and four vehicles.

If you have questions or ideas, please respond to this thread or give me a call. More to come as it gets closer.
Thank you, Peter L. 360-870-0706

Amer-team

Got our confirmation today. H street for lineup. we are 156 in the parade lineup. Parade starts at 1100, so it will be 1130 or later before we get rolling. I sent in a note to let them know we may need to park a few oversize vehicles on Main St. More to come on that as it gets closer.

Remember 25 years Desert Storm so if you have a tan vehicles and or chocolate chip camo uniforms, bring them to help commemorate this event. Thank you.

JH1

We will be there with our big klanky green thing. It would be best if we could stage on Main St. Looking forward to it! Thanks for taking point on this, Peter.
Jim

Amer-team

Any other takers on this. Especially looking for Tan vehicles, but green ones are okay too. And if you would like to march in the parade, Chocolate chips or DCU's and full gear if you have it. See you on the 5th.

Amer-team

Please note we are now unit 160, Friends of Kilroy, still on H street. I am thinking we should be there by 0900. Any other takers? Yes it may rain. If you get lost or have questions, give me a call. Peter 360 870 0706. If you have a tan vehicle, please bring it. My marching troops are dwindling. If you have an enclosed cab and wouldn't mind giving a Vet a ride, we may have a few of those too. Thank you all for your consideration in this matter.

Amer-team

Auburn Vets Parade AAR

Weather was a big factor today, for low turnout from our troops. It was still a nice event and I was able to host a dry seat for a WW2 Veteran. We met Joe today with an M51, who saw the event here on Steel Soldiers. So we had the M923, M923A1, and M51.
It was still a good time and to get to spend some time with our WW2 vets is always a special occasion.
Thank you Desert Storm Vets! Mission accomplished.

Attachments

JH1

Enjoyed it, Peter! Thanks for heading up the group. I should mention that the vet in the red jacket is named Jim and was in the Battle of the Bulge, in a counter-artillery battery. His job was to walk a phone line out into no-man's land about a mile and hide. The sounds of the German artillery got picked up in the phone and went back to the command post, where they compared sound delays from 3 pairs of field microphones and then determined the location of the enemy artillery. Then they directed our artillery towards that enemy location. To say that this was dangerous work is a glaring understatement. He had German patrols come within 30 feet of him, and he was by himself. He was the object of their missions. They knew how effective counter-artillery was. It's a real treat to be able to hear of his exploits in person.
Jim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks