• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Canadian M35 Roof Rack

archmark

Does anybody remember or have a lead on the article about the roof racks that were fabricated by the Canucks for installation the M35 series? I remember it being fairly in-depth with a list of materials required to build one.

Thanks...

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
THAT'S IT, THANK YOU!!! Now, has anyone actually fabricated one & installed it on their M35? If so, any major pros & cons?
My version - hand built - no blueprints for my M936 is similar - but since I am perfectly capable of lashing things down, I didn't build sides for mine.

Convoy Lights M936-01.jpg

The front uprights were drilled and fitted onto the front windshield bolts. Used inch and a half angle around the perimeter and eighth inch flat metal for the "bottom". I might say that it isn't for incredibly heavy cargo. It could be pumped up and made "beefier" but the way it is, I can easily remove it. (restore to factory)

archmark

My version - hand built - no blueprints for my M936 is similar - but since I am perfectly capable of lashing things down, I didn't build sides for mine.

View attachment 895877

The front uprights were drilled and fitted onto the front windshield bolts. Used inch and a half angle around the perimeter and eighth inch flat metal for the "bottom". I might say that it isn't for incredibly heavy cargo. It could be pumped up and made "beefier" but the way it is, I can easily remove it. (restore to factory)

LOOKS GOOD!!!