• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cargo bed $

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
I have a drop side and i would say if you have a choice go for the drop side, it does what the std does but if you need to you can drop the sides. example i had a full load of dirt, drop sides made unloading it 10 times easier.2cents

wehring

c

the c bed is easier to load with a fork truck loading pallets because the sides fold down. The std bed is "stronger" because the sides are fixed.

Justin

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
the c bed is easier to load with a fork truck loading pallets because the sides fold down. The std bed is "stronger" because the sides are fixed.

Justin
i will agree with the stronger part, with said load of dirt pushing on sides, it made closing tailgate harder.

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
i had the tailgate down to drive in and out w/ my tractor to load the dirt from front to back. i said harder not impossible, just had to push hard while someone else closed/locked tailgate. being that the sides are hinged they flexed out a bit is all.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Shame you are not closer, I have one I will be getting rid of when I take it off to put the fifth wheel on.

steve