• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Correct color for field equipment

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a field desk I need to touch up as well as some wooden boxes I'd like to paint to match the field desk, does anyone know the correct shade of green to use? It's the same color for wooden footlockers, field safes, field desks, etc.

I've painted some wooden items with rapco spray paint and it just doesn't seem to do a good job. I'd like to try and get some exterior house paint mixed up but I'm at a loss for the correct federal standard code or manufacturers code.

I'm also going to take a sample in, but I know when they try to color match the results aren't always satisfactory.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can also take a piece of what you're painting to Home Depot and they can color match it. That way if it's faded the new paint will also match the faded color. If you're trying to paint the entire thing back to it's original color try taking a it apart enough to find a protected spot for unfaded paint.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I lot of it is FS24087 in semi gloss, it's on the paint computers at HD and Wally world and you can get it by the qt

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've seen 60's - 00's stuff painted this color. Era doesn't matter much with this type of gear. Seems these items have been the same shade of green for decades. I had a quart of flat Behr Ultra mixed up today at HD based on their analysis of an inside piece of my NOS field desk. It looks pretty close, but I probably won't touch up original paint with it. I'm going to paint some other pieces with it and see how it looks. Next time I'll use MWMules code.

Attachments