• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Crash Rescue Truck

dilvoy

I don't know if this is the best forum to post this, but it seems close enough.
After years of ownership, I have finally started up the truck. When I got it, It was complete, except for missing the carb and air cleaner. I sold off the utility body to the Paduka, Ky. Fire Dept and bought an NOS Military Rear Axle Assy with the wide wheel spacing as well as a Civi Bed. I also replaced all the fluids, installed a heavy duty rear reciever hitch, installed CUCV Bumpers with Shackles and added a RH Fuel Tank. I haven't installed the switching valve yet though. I bought a rebuilt carb for it last week and after putting fresh fuel in the emptied tank, It fired right up and is running very well. I need to have a new Driveshaft made for the rear portion of the Rear shaft, because of going from a narrow arrangement 14 Bolt axle to a wide arrangement Dana 70, but I put the NP205 Transfer Case into 4H and drove on the farm a bit. No strange noises! I put it onto 4L and Gassed it a bit and it tore up the ground equally under both front tires. Does anyone know if these Landoll trucks had Posi front diffs? Here are a couple of fotos of the before and after condition.

Attachments

JohnFire

That was an AirForce P-10 Rescue truck. I can't remember if they had a posi front or not. They were almost always overloaded and many had frame problems, as well as engine problems. What did you do for the rear seating since all the ones I have used had only 3 seats?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks