• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CTIS LEAK 931a2

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would check the hose from the valve to valve stem housing, check valve stem, also the O-ring in the wheel.

roalcoal

I had the same problem on one of my back tires. When I started checking the hoses I found a lot of the joints were loose from the axle to the tire

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Andy's front left tire would leak down also .
It turned out it was the block on backside of rim.
The tire will have to be broke down to tighten it.

tractors0130

Remove the CTIS temporarily from that wheel and screw a schrader valve inside the valve stem and see if the tire still goes down.
If it still goes down, soap around the studs holding the wheel together while the tire is laying down, you might see bubbles there indicating an o-ring leak and double check valve stem block on the back of rim like Coffey1 mentioned also.
Not too bad of a job to unbolt the rim halves after the tire is deflated and replace o-ring or take it to a tire shop and let them do the whole job.
Make sure that you have a new o-ring in hand before you start, more than likely the tire shop won't have one unless they work on Military truck tires.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Not too bad of a job to unbolt the rim halves after the tire is deflated and replace o-ring or take it to a tire shop and let them do the whole job.
Make sure that you have a new o-ring in hand before you start, more than likely the tire shop won't have one unless they work on Military truck tires.
Any tire shop that does skidder tires or other big ag type tires should have o-rings that will fit.

todds112

I'm currently battling leaks and so far it's the O-Ring and or the turret valve grommet on the rim. I will also replace the little oring where the CTIS hose connects to the valve stem. Looks like someone just kept tightening it down hoping to fix a leak and shredded them.

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm currently battling leaks and so far it's the O-Ring and or the turret valve grommet on the rim. I will also replace the little oring where the CTIS hose connects to the valve stem. Looks like someone just kept tightening it down hoping to fix a leak and shredded them.
Anyone know the part number for that little o-ring under the wheel valves? I looked through the TM's but I'm still not sure if I have the correct one. I'm thinking it is 1/8 thick X 3/8 I.D.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone know the part number for that little o-ring under the wheel valves? I looked through the TM's but I'm still not sure if I have the correct one. I'm thinking it is 1/8 thick X 3/8 I.D.
Local hardware store should have them or a reasonable facsimile. Where I got one of mine.