• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cucv with service bed

rednckii

In the middle of turning my m1008 into a dually and im looking over my options for tire coverage. Ive tried to find a set of dually fenders to no avail so im thinking of puttig on a 8ft service body. Though about building a flatbed but can get the body for same price and gives locking capabilities for my tools. Was wondering if anyone has done this and if they have pics. Basically just turning it into a recovery truck with what options i have it is a knapheide body so not exactly like a m1010 or other varients. Just was wondering what everyones thoughts would be and any suggestions.

Attachments

jdeoliveira74

There is a knapheide body in my pick and pull here. when you figure it out I would love to take your rear bumper if you switch to a utility body!!

did you use adapters for the dually or did you switch hubs

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The dually fenders ARE fairly scarce. and the CORRECT milspec dually upgrade kit are unotainium these days

you would like a dually, I love mine - but you CAN swap out the hubs and put the dually wheels, springs, etc from a civy truck if you wanted to

wheels are going for about $75 per copy in your local salvage yard - you need at least six IF you want to be able to rotate you tires - four if you just want the rears - but if you have a flat? you will 'limp' to the closet repair location IF you are lucky - if you lose TWO rear tires? you either have a lot of work swapping the two remaining wheel/tires onto the bum side OR you will be walking

I've got my 'second spare' wheel and I will be putting the correct tire - Firestone TRANSFORCE AT - so even if I get TWO flats at the same time by running over something that gives me a flat on the double rears, I do have a lot of work to fix it, BUT I will have two spares and can go on my way

Last edited: