• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Airlift d-ring Bumper Shackles

Beyond Biodiesel

OK, so today I learned that my M756A2 has 1" Airlift d-ring Bumper Shackles on the front, and 7/8" Airlift d-ring Bumper Shackles on the rear. Is this normal for a deuce, or an M756A2 thing? PS: I did search the forum first.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There's at least 3 different types for the front. What's the year and maker?

edit-just saw 1969. I would say, the round ones that lay flat on the front bumper.

Beyond Biodiesel

It is a 1969 M756A2 kaiser pipeliner. I did not know that there were even different 1" shackles ie. "round ones that lay flat on the front bumper.' I am not big on authenticity. I am more interested in functionality. On the other hand, if I can get authenticity & functionality for the same price I can get functionality, then I will do it. I guess I should have put this into the M756A2 thread, because I figured all Deuces of the period would have the same issue.