• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Engine years of manuf. by producer

Does anyone know if deuce and a half ever had a buda engine. I was just looking at one. That has a buda engine in it. The guy claimed it was from 1974. Are buda engines any good.

M35fan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone know if deuce and a half ever had a buda engine. I was just looking at one. That has a buda engine in it. The guy claimed it was from 1974. Are buda engines any good.
Welcome to Steel Soldiers! Is the Deuce that you're looking at an M35? I had to Google what a Buda engine was, I had never heard of them. According to the "net", Buda engines were bought out by Allis Chalmers in 1953. I've never heard of a stock military Deuce with that brand engine. Not saying it's impossible, but a 70's Era Deuce should have a White, Continental, or Hercules mulitfuel engine. The later versions had a Caterpillar diesel engine. Could you post a photo here of the truck you're looking at? It's entirely possible that someone swapped a different engine in.