• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce head where to buy

rednckii

im still waitin for my ecu 2 clear but figured id try to get a head start and as some questions first. won the deuce out of duck,nc they say it has a cracked head when parked two yrs ago in runnin condition was wondering a few things.
wha should i initially loo for as far as problems other than head of course.
how hard is the head job
where can i find a head if it is truly cracked
the truck is currently in use by a fire department so i would think they took care f it according to the gentleman i talked to they said it ran like a top until they noticed it had a cracked head then parked it and waited for drmo since they already had paperwork in for over a yr waitin on them to accept and sell any ideads on what to do and look or thanks for the help cant wait to skip 4th and go to 5th forgetten the shift pattern love those trucks [thumbzup]

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saw that truck, needs love. Its hard to say without pictures or a better look but the repairs may be cheap if you can get a new set for the right price..or the crack may be signs of something deeper. Again, impossible to tell at the moment. Hope she runs like a champ with a little elbow grease and gaskets! :grd: (search the site for head gasket, you'll get a lot of info)

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Many members have extra engine parts in their stash. I have a couple of heads that would work.

It may just be a bad head gasket. Start looking for a set. You will want the updated version.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I would want it in my hands before I started buying parts. That being said, I have parts motors. Make an offer.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Alot of times cracked heads are a sign of overheating in a diesel.

Unless they've pulled the head, they are more than likely just guessing when they say it's got a cracked head. I get it home and try and find out what the exact problem is. It could be just something simple or totally unrelated to the head.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Good point. They might not have known the early style head gaskets are designed to "weep". If they saw fluid leaking down the block, they might have guessed wrong. I'd get it home and go over it on my own before spending much money on it.

tm america

Could just need head gaskets or freeze plugs?The freeze plugs between the heads are good for leaking to.Thats what was wrong with the motor i just put in my truck .I would pull it apart before buying anything more than a gasket set and freeze plugs..

Bulldog 4

A lot of symptoms can be caused by either a cracked head or a blown head gasket either one. So you should check it over first to be sure. If you aren't sure if the head is cracked or not you can take it off and carry it to a machine shop and have it magnafluxed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks