• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Turbo Death Help

scranch18121

Well my Turbo has died and needs to be fixed replaced. Truck starts up every time. Runs great, smooth, and strong. No coolant in the oil. No coolant in the exhaust. No oil in the coolant. I started blowing light blue smoke and spitting oil out the stack..... and when I say blowing ... well my neighbor thought we were burning cedar or the house was on fire and was close to calling the fire dept.

Here is where I need some help. I need to know and get some opinions on the following...:?:'s

How do you know what type turbo you have (c,d)

Rebuild the existing :?:
Buy a rebuilt :?:
Buy a used one and hope for the best:?:

If I decide to rebuild the existing.... does anyone know of a shop close to Austin, TX that can do the rebuild?

Last edited:

wsucougarx

the C turbo (AKA whistler) has a snail shell shaped housing (the rusty portion) and the D has the same diameter through out. Certainly you can rebuild your turbo. There are a couple guys in here who rebuild them. Check with Jwaller. It's probably going to run you 300-400 to rebuild it. You could take a chance and buy a USED one but you really don't know what you're going to get. You could be in the same scenario in a week or two.

Last edited:

velociT

C Turbo is the whistler. D only barely whistles when fully warmed up.

You can click the link in my sig, and if your truck sounds like that it is a D.

Also, you have to put a state in your location or site staff will bother you.... no joke.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry if doing a job and asking people to follow the rules you agreed to when you joined, is such a bother..... No Joke

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Our member "Ken" is in Tx and rebuilds them. I would have it rebuilt as you know what you have once its rebuilt. Unless you get a turbo CHEAP or guaranteed, its obvious.

cleb

C's are fun for the first 5 minutes....I always wanted a C until I actually got one and drove it around for a few days...then I couldn't wait to get rid of it.

Varyag

I have a D turbo and would never trade it. Drove a few deuces with Cs on long road marches and couldn't stand it.

Cs do sound cool if you are watching it go by though.

OD_Coyote

I had a truck with a D turbo from 2005 - 2008, now I have a truck with a C turbo, which I have had since 2008 and I prefer the sound of the C turbo, but then my hearing aint what it once was.;-)

Last edited:

Josh

Nothing beats the sound of a reved out deuce with a C turbo in a tunnel :driver:. I still have my D Turbo laying around but dont plan on putting it back on my truck unless my C takes a dump.

ctmustang

Have the turbo rebuilt. Who knows how long the used ones have been in use and what shape the seals are in. Rebuild it and have a little piece of mind. Sounds like you only lost a shaft seal it could have been worse and cost you a new motor-WHY TAKE THE CHANCE!
This is just my opinion.
CT:mrgreen: