• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Does winch from M37 fit M37B1

Benni H

I am buying a M37 1952 part out vehicle with winch. Can I use the same power take off from the old type gearbox on the newer type gearbox in M37B1?

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Thanks, good to know.
Yes! And some "Engineers Blue" on the clean dry gears will keep you from setting the PTO in too deep - or not deep enough. Sometimes also called "Matching Blue" but however it is named - the goal is full contact between the sides of the teeth.

Not deep enough and you break teeth
In too deep and you wear out bearings and/or you won't ever get the PTO and the side of the transmission to mate up properly.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I know wat you mean. I will use the blue bearing paste as we used to in the old days when we were adjusting the white metal main bearings in the steam engines trawlers.
Yes Sir! Funny how that works...
Blue paste is all Mechanical - no smart phone required - just raw brain power and logic.

A lot like PlastiGage for another purpose.